Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

GnuPG - User mailing list
Hello,

Firstly, let me state right away that I'm a complete newbie.

I've had this software installed for a while now with everything working as intended until a few days back. Although I'm able to access most features via the GUI (Kleopatra and GPA), the command prompt functionality seems to be broken all of a sudden. The issue started with me trying to create a revocation certificate for my personal key.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, a dialog pops up saying 'This app can't run on your PC' with an 'access denied' message in the cmd. Not sure why this is the case when I haven't made any changes to the system or the Gpg4win installation. Now none of the other tasks viz. import key, verification commands work either.

As a workaround, I did try setting the 'smart screen filtering' to off in the settings along with enabling the developer mode but it still doesn't work.

I'm posting this here since you don't get any workable solution on the Windows forums.

My OS : Windows 10 (1607 version)
Gpg4win version : 2.33

Any help's appreciated.

Thanks

Capture.JPG (84K) Download Attachment

Re: Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

Kristian Fiskerstrand-6
On 07/04/2017 03:22 PM, S via Gnupg-users wrote:

> My OS : Windows 10 (1607 version)Gpg4win version : 2.33
> Any help's appreciated.
> Thanks

You seem to try to output the revocation certificate to
c:\windows\system32 , does the error persist if not outputting to a
system directory?

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand

Fw: Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

GnuPG - User mailing list

On 07/04/2017 03:22 PM, S via Gnupg-users wrote:

> My OS : Windows 10 (1607 version)Gpg4win version : 2.33
> Any help's appreciated.
> Thanks

You seem to try to output the revocation certificate to
c:\windows\system32 , does the error persist if not outputting to a
system directory?

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
Blog: https://blog.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
Public OpenPGP keyblock at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
"History repeats itself; historians repeat each other"
(Philip Guedalla)

Re: Access denied when using gpg4win via command prompt

Hello,

Just wanted to update the status of my issue. It turns out there was an issue with my gpg4win installation. Tried a reinstall and everything's back in order. I could create a revocation certificate via cmd, however, this time to a local directory and not the windows dir.

The 'access denied' problem began upon me trying to create the certificate to the default dir.  I had assumed the output dir path would be the local user path (C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\gnupg), which wasn't the case.

Thanks