ECC Support?

Roflcopter
So I did a search of this list in regards to ECC in GPG and came across a post from 2010 where a guy asked about this same issue.  Basically he was told ECC support will maybe someday be implemented but it depends on whether ECC is put into the OpnPGP specification.  It's now two years later, so I figured I'd bring it up again.

What is the status of this?  I know there is an experimental version of GPG with ECC support out there, but I am more wondering about a time-table for official support?  Is the hold-up some sort of standardization like IEEE?