Quantcast

Error verifying signature: Cannot verify message signature: Incorrect message format

Error verifying signature: Cannot verify message signature: Incorrect message format

Chris-394
I've noticed the above recently when I see a post from certain users
including myself in a couple of the Ubuntu mailing lists. I don't see
issues in other lists I'm on nor does it happen if I ask the sender of
the post to send me a signed private message. I also see this:

Error verifying signature: parse error

I'm not sure what else to post here for anyone to look at that may help
but I believe it's something to do with the list that changed and not
on my end. If I can post any more information please let me know.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Error verifying signature: Cannot verify message signature: Incorrect message format

fa-ml
On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 08:58:59AM -0500, Chris wrote:
> I've noticed the above recently when I see a post from certain users
> including myself in a couple of the Ubuntu mailing lists. I don't see
> issues in other lists I'm on nor does it happen if I ask the sender of
> the post to send me a signed private message. I also see this:
>
> Error verifying signature: parse error

Hello Chris, more often than not mailing lists mangle messages in a
subtle way, thus breaking the signature.
At least that's what happened the last time I tried to verify a ML
message.

On Mon, 2017-05-08 at 18:52 +0200, Francesco Ariis wrote:

> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 08:58:59AM -0500, Chris wrote:
> >
> > I've noticed the above recently when I see a post from certain
> > users
> > including myself in a couple of the Ubuntu mailing lists. I don't
> > see
> > issues in other lists I'm on nor does it happen if I ask the sender
> > of
> > the post to send me a signed private message. I also see this:
> >
> > Error verifying signature: parse error
> Hello Chris, more often than not mailing lists mangle messages in a
> subtle way, thus breaking the signature.
> At least that's what happened the last time I tried to verify a ML
> message.

Thanks Francesco, that's what I figured is going on but wanted to make
sure it wasn't something wrong on my end.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11972; -97.90167 (Elev. 1092 ft)
12:49:56 up 6 days, 19:33, 1 user, load average: 0.65, 0.37, 0.30