Folks, complete novices unfamiliar with a message turns up with that signature gobbledygook.

Folks, complete novices unfamiliar with a message turns up with that signature gobbledygook.

Don Saklad
For folks, complete novices unfamiliar a message turns up with that
signature gobbledygook. What could be their very next step for figuring
out how to use the information?

Re: Folks, complete novices unfamiliar with a message turns up with that signature gobbledygook.

Darac Marjal
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 07:18:20AM -0400, Don Saklad wrote:
>For folks, complete novices unfamiliar a message turns up with that
>signature gobbledygook. What could be their very next step for figuring
>out how to use the information?

I would suggest their very next step is to search, using their preferred
search engine, for a distinctive phrase from the "gobbledygook". One
phrase that the user may notice is common to the messages is: "BEGIN PGP
SIGNED MESSAGE".  If I enter that into a search engine, I get several
results, including a number of sites purporting to be tutorials or
introductions or howtos for either "PGP" or "The GNU Privacy Guard".
With luck, one or other of those will enlighten the user.

For more information, please reread.