Libgcrypt 1.9.2 Beta

GnuPG - Libgcrypt - Dev mailing list
Hi!

The non-working --disable-asm bug in 1.9.1 was a bit annoying.  Thus
before releasing 1.9.2 I provide a Beta:

https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.9.2-beta16.tar.bz2

https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/alpha/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.9.2-beta16.tar.bz2.sig

* Bug fixes:

   - Fix build problem for macOS in the random code.  [#5268]

   - Fix building with --disable-asm on x86.  [#5277]

   - Check public key for ECDSA verify operation.  [#5282]

   - Make sure gcry_get_config (NULL) returns a nul-terminated string.
     [8716e4b2ad]

   - Fix a memory leak in the ECDH code.  [289543544e]

   - Fix a reading beyond end of input buffer in SHA2-avx2.
     [24af2a55d8]

 * Other features:

   - New test driver to allow for standalone regression
     tests. [b142da4c88]

If you experienced bug in 1.9.1 please be so kind and try this beta
version.  If any of the above mentioned bugs persists, please report it
at http://dev.gnupg.org/T<bugid>.  If you find new bugs in this beta it
is better to report to this ML.

Re: Libgcrypt 1.9.2 Beta

Andreas Metzler-3
On 2021-02-12 Werner Koch via Gcrypt-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!

> The non-working --disable-asm bug in 1.9.1 was a bit annoying.  Thus
> before releasing 1.9.2 I provide a Beta:
[...]
> If you experienced bug in 1.9.1 please be so kind and try this beta
> version.  If any of the above mentioned bugs persists, please report it
> at http://dev.gnupg.org/T<bugid>.  If you find new bugs in this beta it
> is better to report to this ML.

Hello Werner,

I had uploaded this yesterday to Debian/experimental and later did a
testbuild of gnupg against it on mips64el and amd64 without finding
any issues.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'

Re: Libgcrypt 1.9.2 Beta

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 16:30, Andreas Metzler said:

> I had uploaded this yesterday to Debian/experimental and later did a
> testbuild of gnupg against it on mips64el and amd64 without finding
> any issues.

That sounds good.  I'll do a release on Tuesday or Wednesday.