OS X - can't open GnuPG-2.2.5.dmg

Stefan Claas-2
Hi,

just tried to update my GnuPG install on my iMac,
from the SourceForge repository, but the image
won't open. The shasum matches and with DiskUtility
it shows also that the .dmg is o.k.

Downloaded several times, with the same result. :-(

Regards
Stefan

0xD68B6EAC6ECF3AB6.asc (4K) Download Attachment

Re: OS X - can't open GnuPG-2.2.5.dmg

Patrick Brunschwig-2
On 06.03.18 20:06, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just tried to update my GnuPG install on my iMac,
> from the SourceForge repository, but the image
> won't open. The shasum matches and with DiskUtility
> it shows also that the .dmg is o.k.
>
> Downloaded several times, with the same result. :-(

The file opens fine on my Mac. I suspect that either there is a problem
with your OS (a reboot may help), or your iMac doesn't fulfill the
minimum installation requirements (macOS 10.9 or newer, running in
64-bit mode).

-Patrick

Am 10.03.18 um 18:49 schrieb Patrick Brunschwig:

> On 06.03.18 20:06, Stefan Claas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just tried to update my GnuPG install on my iMac,
>> from the SourceForge repository, but the image
>> won't open. The shasum matches and with DiskUtility
>> it shows also that the .dmg is o.k.
>>
>> Downloaded several times, with the same result. :-(
> The file opens fine on my Mac. I suspect that either there is a problem
> with your OS (a reboot may help), or your iMac doesn't fulfill the
> minimum installation requirements (macOS 10.9 or newer, running in
> 64-bit mode).

Well, i am running 10.11.6 and tried also again with 2.2.4 which works.

Tried also to open the 2.2.5 .dmg with Pacifist but it can't open it either.

On 11.03.18 16:14, Stefan Claas wrote:

> Am 10.03.18 um 18:49 schrieb Patrick Brunschwig:
>> On 06.03.18 20:06, Stefan Claas wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> just tried to update my GnuPG install on my iMac,
>>> from the SourceForge repository, but the image
>>> won't open. The shasum matches and with DiskUtility
>>> it shows also that the .dmg is o.k.
>>>
>>> Downloaded several times, with the same result. :-(
>> The file opens fine on my Mac. I suspect that either there is a problem
>> with your OS (a reboot may help), or your iMac doesn't fulfill the
>> minimum installation requirements (macOS 10.9 or newer, running in
>> 64-bit mode).
>>
> Well, i am running 10.11.6 and tried also again with 2.2.4 which works.
>
> Tried also to open the 2.2.5 .dmg with Pacifist but it can't open it either.

I fear I know what's wrong. For some reason that I still need to
discover, the image is created with the new APFS file system instead of
the HFS+. I'll see how to fix this.

-Patrick