Option to select "Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?" under Gnupg-users Subscription Options

Option to select "Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?" under Gnupg-users Subscription Options

GnuPG - User mailing list
Hello,

Apologies for having to ask this. Didn't find any options in the relevant page.

I would like to know where I can select topics for message filtering. As of now, I receive every mail transacted under the chosen mailing list.

Thanks

Re: Option to select "Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?" under Gnupg-users Subscription Options

mirimir
On 07/06/2017 01:50 AM, S via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hello,
> Apologies for having to ask this. Didn't find any options in the relevant page.
> I would like to know where I can select topics for message filtering. As of now, I receive every mail transacted under the chosen mailing list.
>
> Thanks

You need to handle that locally, I believe.

Re: Option to select "Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?" under Gnupg-users Subscription Options

Andreas Heinlein-2
Am 06.07.2017 um 14:50 schrieb S via Gnupg-users:

> Hello,
>
> Apologies for having to ask this. Didn't find any options in the
> relevant page.
>
> I would like to receive messages only for topics I'm subscribed to.
> But, I don't see an option to select topics of my choice either in
> "/Gnupg-users mailing list membership configuration/" page or in the
> concerned mailing lists page "/https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail//".
> *
> *
> Iwould like to know where I can select topics for message filtering.
> As of now, I receive every mail transacted under the chosen mailing list.*
> *
> *
> *
> Thanks
*I don't think the mailing list software could handle this. Thunderbird
can ignore and hide topics, so you would have to 'opt-out' of every new
topic.

Bye,
Andreas
*

Re: Option to select "Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?" under Gnupg-users Subscription Options

GnuPG - User mailing list
Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly I would like to know as to how to do i.e, either 'opt-in' or 'opt-out'. I still don't see either option in the config page. May be I'm missing something. Also, I have no experience with Thunderbird and I'm transacting through Yahoo-mail.