Re: [Announce] GnuPG 2.1.21 released

Daniel Kahn Gillmor-7
On Mon 2017-05-15 19:44:38 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> The GnuPG team is pleased to announce the availability of a new release
> of GnuPG: version 2.1.21.

Thanks for this release!  The index at
https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/gnupg/ doesn't appear to be updated,
though.  Could you kick the indexer?

This stale index thing seems to happen with most releases.  Is there
something that can be done to automate the index update upon release?

Regards,

        --dkg

Re: [Announce] GnuPG 2.1.21 released

Werner Koch
On Wed, 17 May 2017 04:29, [hidden email] said:

> Thanks for this release!  The index at
> https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/gnupg/ doesn't appear to be updated,
> though.  Could you kick the indexer?

Will do.  Frankly, I did not do it right away to see whether it failed
again.  https://dev.gnupg.org/T3035

Re: [Announce] GnuPG 2.1.21 released

On Wed, 17 May 2017 04:29, [hidden email] said:

> This stale index thing seems to happen with most releases.  Is there
> something that can be done to automate the index update upon release?

Fixed.  Bad cron specifications and the log didn't show them (like I was
used to)

Re: local-user required to avoid card key (was: [Announce] GnuPG 2.1.21 released)

NIIBE Yutaka
Hello,

(Cc-ed to [hidden email])

97a2394 was not good.  I was too optimistic and careless about the
change.  I should have been more conservative to introduce such a
change.  Here is a fix.

With this change, GnuPG only uses the signing key on the card (to sign
or to certify) when default-key is not specified or it's a subkey of
default-key.

0001-g10-Fix-default-key-selection-for-signing-possibly-b.patch (6K) Download Attachment