Quantcast

drbg_generate_long

Chris Westervelt

Are there any gotchas with 32 bit ARM vs 64 bit Intel you could see here?  Two of RNG Vectors won’t pass the baked in test

Chris Westervelt

Senior Product Development Engineer

Advantor Systems.
12612 Challenger Pkwy
Suite 300
Orlando, FL
32826

http://www.advantor.com
Office:   (407) 926-6983

Mobile: (407) 595-7023
Fax:    (407) 857-1635

Notice of Confidentiality:
This e-mail communication and the attachments hereto, if any, are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified above and may contain information which is legally privileged and/or otherwise confidential. If a recipient of this e-mail communication is not an addressee (or an authorized representative of an addressee), such recipient is hereby advised that any review, disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this e-mail communication (or any information contained herein) is strictly prohibited. If you are not an addressee and have received this e-mail communication in error, please advise the sender of that circumstance either by reply e-mail or by telephone at (800) 238-2686, immediately delete this e-mail communication from any computer and destroy all physical copies of same.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: drbg_generate_long

Stephan Müller
Am Dienstag, 16. Mai 2017, 23:33:50 CEST schrieb Chris Westervelt:

Hi Chris,

> Are there any gotchas with 32 bit ARM vs 64 bit Intel you could see here?
> Two of RNG Vectors won't pass the baked in test

After checking the code, I do not see anything immediately obvious.

By any chance: does the DRBG work fine with version 1.7.3 (there was a big
change for the CTR DRBG introduced with 1.7.4)?

Ciao
Stephan

RE: drbg_generate_long

Chris Westervelt
Not sure but I'll check.  I know that something was failing in the patched
version of 1.6.4 I had been working with from roughly a couple of years ago
so I'll test 1.7.3 and get back to you in a few