generate key using specific cipher

Eugene M. Zheganin
Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to use gpg/libgcrypt with GOST cryptography
(actually I'm moving from openssl, where GOST is deprecated due to poor
code quality to the gpg/libgcrypt software, where GOST is present since
1.7.0), and since the entire crypoto subsystem is (from my point of
view) is overcomplicated, I'm lacking some simple skills - for instance,
how do I generate an x509 csr/key with GOST (is it even possible) ? In
openssl I would do something like "openssl req -newkey gost2001 -pkeyopt
paramset:A -keyout foo -out bar" and this would do the trick. In
gnupg.... well, I'm looking at the documentation right now but just
cannot find the clue.

Thanks.

Eugene.

Re: generate key using specific cipher

Werner Koch
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 05:40, [hidden email] said:

> I'm trying to learn how to use gpg/libgcrypt with GOST cryptography
> (actually I'm moving from openssl, where GOST is deprecated due to
> poor code quality to the gpg/libgcrypt software, where GOST is present
> since 1.7.0), and since the entire crypoto subsystem is (from my point

You can't use GOST with gpg becuase OpenPGP does not specify it.  For
gpgsm it would be possible to add support for GOST but we can do that
only if there is an RFC for adding GOST to PKIX _and_ if we are able to
test against an established certificate infrastructure.  The latter is
even problematic for DSA and ECC.

#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #