Quantcast

[gnutls-devel] code coverage reports

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos-2
Hi,
 I've created a small project to measure the coverage of gnutls and
store the output in web-pages in [0]. The results can be seen either
on the coverage badges on gnutls gitlab site, or at:
https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/master/
https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/3.5.x/

On the content, it seems that a large majority (70%+) of the code is
tested. However, there is still functionality and error paths that
remain untested. There are code paths such as TPM which cannot be
tested in an automated way (we would need some kind of TPM 1.2
emulator), and openpgp support will most likely never get any
improvement in testing since it is deprecated code. For the rest, I'd
appreciate help on increasing the existing's code test coverage.

The coverage pages are set to auto generate on every release of gnutls.

regards,
Nikos

[0]. https://gitlab.com/gnutls/coverage

Re: [gnutls-devel] code coverage reports

Ludovic Courtès-3
Hello,

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[hidden email]> skribis:

>  I've created a small project to measure the coverage of gnutls and
> store the output in web-pages in [0]. The results can be seen either
> on the coverage badges on gnutls gitlab site, or at:
> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/master/
> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/3.5.x/

Nice!  It looks like the Guile bindings are not built.  Could you enable
them?

Several years ago, running the test suite that comes with the Guile
bindings noticeably improved test coverage of GnuTLS.  The situation has
probably changed since then, but it might still be a good thing to have.

> The coverage pages are set to auto generate on every release of gnutls.

It would be nice to do it as part of the CI jobs, like we did in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnutls-devel/2010-01/msg00030.html>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Ludovic Courtès <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[hidden email]> skribis:
>
>>  I've created a small project to measure the coverage of gnutls and
>> store the output in web-pages in [0]. The results can be seen either
>> on the coverage badges on gnutls gitlab site, or at:
>> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/master/
>> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/3.5.x/
>
> Nice!  It looks like the Guile bindings are not built.  Could you enable
> them?

They are. I see the guile tests being run at:
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/coverage/builds/12431503

>> The coverage pages are set to auto generate on every release of gnutls.
> It would be nice to do it as part of the CI jobs, like we did in
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnutls-devel/2010-01/msg00030.html>.

There is a coverage build as part of the CI jobs, but it only updates
the coverage percentage number as shown in gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls.
It does not update the web pages, because I haven't figured a way to
do that without overwriting the existing pages (which in that case are
the www.gnutls.org web site). I'm not a gitlab power user, so any
suggestion is welcome.

regards,
Nikos

Re: [gnutls-devel] code coverage reports

Ludovic Courtès-3
Hi Nikos,

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[hidden email]> skribis:

> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Ludovic Courtès <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[hidden email]> skribis:
>>
>>>  I've created a small project to measure the coverage of gnutls and
>>> store the output in web-pages in [0]. The results can be seen either
>>> on the coverage badges on gnutls gitlab site, or at:
>>> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/master/
>>> https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/3.5.x/
>>
>> Nice!  It looks like the Guile bindings are not built.  Could you enable
>> them?
>
> They are. I see the guile tests being run at:
> https://gitlab.com/gnutls/coverage/builds/12431503

Oh indeed.  Not sure why the guile/ sub-directory doesn’t show up in the
lcov pages above.  Maybe on the next update?

Ludo’.