[gnutls-devel] https://lists.gnutls.org/, cert is only valid for lists.gnupg.org !?

Tim Ruehsen
Firefox reports:
lists.gnutls.org uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for lists.gnupg.org
Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Anything you can do about that ?

Tim

Re: [gnutls-devel] https://lists.gnutls.org/, cert is only valid for lists.gnupg.org !?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Tim Ruehsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Firefox reports:
> lists.gnutls.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> The certificate is only valid for lists.gnupg.org
> Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
> Anything you can do about that ?

The lists.gnutls.org is a CNAME to lists.gnupg.org. Are there any
direct links to https://lists.gnutls.org that we can replace?

regards,
Nikos

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:43:16 AM CET Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Tim Ruehsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Firefox reports:
> > lists.gnutls.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> > The certificate is only valid for lists.gnupg.org
> > Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
> > Anything you can do about that ?
>
> The lists.gnutls.org is a CNAME to lists.gnupg.org. Are there any
> direct links to https://lists.gnutls.org that we can replace?

These were among the hits when searching the net for GnuTLS and Must-Staple.

The cert of lists.gnupg.org should include lists.gnutls.org, I guess.

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:23:20 AM CET Tim Ruehsen wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:43:16 AM CET Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Tim Ruehsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Firefox reports:
> > > lists.gnutls.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> > > The certificate is only valid for lists.gnupg.org
> > > Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
> > > Anything you can do about that ?
> >
> > The lists.gnutls.org is a CNAME to lists.gnupg.org. Are there any
> > direct links to https://lists.gnutls.org that we can replace?
>
> These were among the hits when searching the net for GnuTLS and Must-Staple.
>
> The cert of lists.gnupg.org should include lists.gnutls.org, I guess.
Just as a side note...

DuckDuckGo doesn't show hits for https://lists.gnutls.org, Google does.
Google's indexing of pages with invalid certs is a bit odd, since the big
browsers won't connect anyways. Just a waste of time for anyone not wanting
'exceptions'.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Tim Ruehsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Firefox reports:
>> > lists.gnutls.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>> > The certificate is only valid for lists.gnupg.org
>> > Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
>> > Anything you can do about that ?
>>
>> The lists.gnutls.org is a CNAME to lists.gnupg.org. Are there any
>> direct links to https://lists.gnutls.org that we can replace?
>
> These were among the hits when searching the net for GnuTLS and Must-Staple.
>
> The cert of lists.gnupg.org should include lists.gnutls.org, I guess.

The setup of the web site certs is currently handled by Werner (in
CC). I don't know if including lists.gnutls.org to the lists.gnupg.org
certificate is possible.

btw. for the same search I see lists.gnupg.org instead.

regards,
Nikos

Re: [gnutls-devel] https://lists.gnutls.org/, cert is only valid for lists.gnupg.org !?

Werner Koch
On Thu,  9 Mar 2017 15:03, [hidden email] said:

> CC). I don't know if including lists.gnutls.org to the lists.gnupg.org
> certificate is possible.

Thanks to Letsencrypt.sh this is trivial.  New cert is up.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Werner Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu,  9 Mar 2017 15:03, [hidden email] said:
>
>> CC). I don't know if including lists.gnutls.org to the lists.gnupg.org
>> certificate is possible.
>
> Thanks to Letsencrypt.sh this is trivial.  New cert is up.

Thank you!

On Friday, March 10, 2017 10:40:26 AM CET Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu,  9 Mar 2017 15:03, [hidden email] said:
> > CC). I don't know if including lists.gnutls.org to the lists.gnupg.org
> > certificate is possible.
>
> Thanks to Letsencrypt.sh this is trivial.  New cert is up.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks !

Regards, Tim