gpg --card-status fails with Yubikey 5 under MSYS2

gpg --card-status fails with Yubikey 5 under MSYS2

GnuPG - User mailing list
Under MSYS2, gpg --card-status fails with the following when trying to use a Yubikey 5 NFC.

    $ gpg --card-status
    gpg: selecting card failed: No such device
    gpg: OpenPGP card not available: No such device

This same command works when using Gpg4Win's gpg. This leads me to believe it's a configuration issue with MSYS2's gpg, but I'm not familiar enough with gpg to know where the problem might be. I'd appreciate any advice as to where the problem is likely to be.

For more detail, see the MSYS2 bug report:
https://github.com/msys2/MSYS2-packages/issues/2329

Thanks,
Doug

Re: gpg --card-status fails with Yubikey 5 under MSYS2

GnuPG - User mailing list
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 18:47, Doug Richardson said:
> Under MSYS2, gpg --card-status fails with the following when trying to

GnuPG is not intended to be build under MSYS.  You need to cross-build
from a real POSIX system using mingw.  All other ways to build it are
not supported and are strongly discouraged.  Sorry.