gpgme library returned an unexpected error

gpgme library returned an unexpected error

Debbie Lafferty
I have been getting this error when I attempt to generate a key after downloading the latest version. gpg4win-2.1.0.

gpgme library returned an unexpected error
General error
This is probably a bug in GPA
GPA WILL NOW TRY TO RECOVER FROM THIS ERROR  <-- no recovery is attempted and message box must be closed to continue.

The previous version (installed on Windows 7 machine)  gpg4win-light-1.1.4. was working to decrypt files, but would not encrypt. I attempted to use WinPT
to encrypt and somehow managed to loose all my current keys.

I've uninstalled the old version and installed the new version but there appears to be registry entries that remain after the uninstall.

What can I do to eliminate this problem?

Thank you,
Debbie