Quantcast

where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

zap

where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

zap
I ask this because, I cannot find gpg.conf at all in the normal location...

/home/$user/.gnupg being the normal location usually...

anyone know how to fix said problem/where it would be hidden on debian?

Cannot change gpg keys to maximum security unless I know where that is...

Re: where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

Robert J. Hansen-3
> I ask this because, I cannot find gpg.conf at all in the normal location...

It's not an error if it doesn't exist.  A lot of people get by just fine
without one.  But yes, $HOME/.gnupg is the customary location.

If you don't have one, create a new text file in that directory.

zap

Re: where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

zap
It worked! Thanks for your help.

zap

Re: where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

zap
thank you for your help it worked.

Although I did have to use gpg2 --edit-key then my id,

but yeah.

zap

Re: where do you find gpg.conf on debian 8 or 9?

zap
My bad, somehow I double posted...